Financing a home is a priority and you want to make sure all of your ducks are in a row before and during the home loan process. There are six things you want to make sure you don’t do so your loan is not potentially affected. If any of these things are to happen, it could make the loan process longer or could create you to become unapproved.
- Avoid moving funds or making large deposits
- Do not pay off bills
- Don’t delay your closing by requesting changes near your closing date
- Do not incur new debt and avoid credit inquiries
- Do not change jobs or quit your job
- Refinancing? Do not begin any home improvement projects
Sometimes there are things that do come up where you have to move forward with one of these things, but if it is at all possible we advise you to avoid these before and during your home loan process.